Based on the principle of "Zero Waste", our primary goal in the waste management system we implement as BHM Hospitality is to reduce the amount of waste, to ensure the disposal of our wastes with the least damage to the environment by managing our wastes well and to regain the recyclable ones.
Between 2014 and 2021;
- Approximately 136 tons of paper-carton wastes have been recycled.
- Approximately 2.5 tons of metal wastes have been recycled.
- Approximately 147 tons of glass wastes have been recycled.
- Approximately 3.1 tons of plastic waste have been recycled.
- Approximately 228 tons of vegetable oil waste have been delivered to the recycling company for production of bio-diesel fuel since 2014
A total of 3083 kg hazardous waste, collected from our hotels, have been delivered to the licensed companies in 2019.
Such recycling results in protection of 45 grown pine trees and 238 square meters of forestland, and recycling of 1 tons of metal waste enables saving of 1300 kg of raw materials, and 315 kg of carbon emission is prevented per each produced 1 ton of glass, in case of use of glass waste in production. Recycling of 1 ton of plastic packaging waste results in saving of energy of 14000 KWH
One of the most important steps in sustainability is to ensure energy efficiency. At all of our facilities, we at first measure energy use and identify the issues and determine potential saving areas, accordingly. We prefer to use low energy consuming equipment and systems. We ensure long-term improvement by making use of automation management and monitoring sources. We analyze energy savings on continuous basis by means of maintenance, supervision and monitoring
We exhibit our commitment in terms of energy consumption by watching out that all electronic products and equipment, we purchase, are energy-saving.
On the other hand, water use and control are of important to us since the water consumption at the daily activities, swimming pools and living spaces at our hotels is considerably high. We utilize water-saving equipment to minimize the overall water consumption without compromising on health, hygiene and guest satisfaction, and we make "Ecologic Cards" available at the guest rooms for water saving at our Akra and Akra V facilities. By means of such cards, we inform our guests that they will receive a discount voucher for the days they do not request cleaning and change of sheets during their accommodation for a minimum of two days and over for the purpose of reducing water consumption and chemical use.
- Since we are aware of our contributions to the local economy, we supply all products from local producers.
- For the purpose of protecting the nature, environment and reducing carbon emission and encouraging our guests to sports at our hotels, we offer free of charge bicycle rental service at some of our hotels. Besides, we have raised such service of us higher thanks to the Bike Friendly Hotel certificate we have received for our Akra and Akra Kemer hotels at the beginning of 2022.
- As of 2019, at the Mezze Festival, we have been organizing, we use 100% organic bamboo plates, spoons and forks to reduce our plastic waste amount and raise awareness in an event that adds value to the city.
- The laundry, dry cleaning and ironing tasks at all of our hotels are being performed by Buket Yikama (Buket Laundry) which is another affiliated brand of BHM. Chemicals consumption, temperatures and spin cycle are all being controlled through automation at Buket Yikama (Buket Laundry), which has a textile cleaning capacity of 80 tons a day. Upon the arrival of the cart, carrying dirty laundry, the products with chips pass through the device and they are recorded as based on their types and quantities. Washing machines are operated with optimum load, preventing unnecessary temperature and water and chemical consumption.